In order to generate your posting journals from you daily activities you need to follow the steps below. See video for a full tutorial.
PUSHING POSTING JOURNALS TO QBO
- Ensure your chart of accounts is set up in QuickBooks Online.
- Ensure your QuickBooks Account is connected to RugSimple. See Connecting QBO to RugSimple article on how to do this.
- Map your accounts in RugSimple to the correct QBO accounts.
- When posting journal, ensure your "Connector Enabled" slider is in the on position.
MANUAL POSTING JOURNAL REPORT
- Under Portal Settings>List Management>Accounts, set up your account types. Usually using the following:
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Other Current Assets
- Set up any classes you may have. This is usually related to QBO. More on the use of classes can be found here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-ca/class-list/get-started-with-class-tracking-in-quickbooks-online/00/261973
- Under Account Lists, begin to build you chart of accounts.
- Under Accounting System>Account Mapping, map your accounts for each output under the RugSimple Accounting fields.
- When posting journal, ensure your "Connector enabled" slider is in the off position.