In order to pass data from RugSimple to your QuickBooks Online accounting system, you first need to activate your developer account with QuickBooks. This will provide you with the necessary pass keys that will allow the two systems to talk.
- Go to: https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/homepage
- Sign up for a developer account. Choose an sign up address of an employee with a long term commitment to the company (example: company owner)
- Verify your email address and sign in.
- Once signed in, you must complete your account profile
- Add company name and select "Developer / Designer" as a description for your company
- Platform interest will be 'QuickBooks Online'
- Click on Dashboard again and select "Keys & OAuth" under 'Development' in the side bar. This will reveal your ClientID and Client Secret.
- On the same Key & OAuth page, scroll down to 'Redirect URLs'. This tells QuickBooks how to send information back to your RugSimple portal.
- Add URL
- In Order #2, add the following link: https://app.rugsimple.com/quickbooks/callback
- In your RugSimple portal, as an administrator, click on 'Settings'
- Click 'Accounting System'
- Choose "QuickBooks Online" under the 'Select Accounting System' dropdown and 'Add'
- Once added to the list, click the gear icon to setup
- Enter your ClientID, ClientSecret and choose Production as your Environment. You can choose Sandbox environment if you have created a sandbox environment in the event that you would like to do testing prior to syncing with your production (live) account.
- Click "Connect to QuickBooks"
- Verify with that the correct account is selected by clicking 'Get Company Info'
- Once connected, return to the Accounting System list and click on the red dot beside the gear icon in order to active.
- Click 'yes' to active.